The Bacara owns the land surrounding their property. They grow their own vegetables & fruits in a 10-acre garden very close by and they offer tours of their avocado & citrus groves.
The resort was built in the spanish colonial style (which I really love). The room we stayed in had its own private balcony. It was such a relaxing time.
We found out that the resort was built right next to a historical site where the Japanese attacked the mainland during WWII. I was really excited about this news because it made the place even more interesting. Luxurious & historical...right up my alley. :)
The sign reads...On February 23, 1942, at 7:00 PM, during one of President Roosevelt's Fireside Talks, the Japanese Submarine I-17 shelled the Richfield Oil Field Facility at this site with 28 5-inch rounds. Not since the War of 1812 had the U.S. Mainland been attacked by a foreign power.
I had to take this picture. Its crude oil that seeps up naturally from the water. Along the beach there was quite a bit of it. We weren't aware of it until we got back to our room that it had got on the bottom of our feet and we had to spend some time getting it off. Even though the crude oil is there its still a beautiful stretch of sand and nice to walk on.
No comments:
Post a Comment